Looking for the best freestanding aerial rig for yoga? There are many types on the market, but our favourite is definitely the X-Pole A-Frame. This article will be reviewing one of the most-popular and our favorite free standing aerial rig for sale on the market today.
Now, X-Pole is one of the well-respected companies in the aerial yoga world, so it makes sense that they would have the top free standing aerial hoop frame. So what makes the A-Frame so good?
We will get into the details a bit later on. But you should know the A-Frame is a large aerial rig that allows for aerial yoga, Lyra Hoops, and other aerial activities. You could even use it as a pull-up bar! The free standing aerial rig can be used both indoors and outdoors. The biggest benefit of using a aerial silks frame is the fact that you don’t need to make alterations to your home, which could damage the décor and can be an eye sore.
Best Freestanding Aerial Rig: X-Pole A-Frame
As we previously mentioned, X-Pole is a well-known company that started in the pole fitness industry. Since starting their line of aerial products, they have quickly become the go-to company. The A-Frame is one of the most popular aerial rigs today.
The multifunctional rig can be used for a number of activities, like Lyra Hoop, static trapeze, or low silks. You may also want to check out the accessories that X-Pole provides too. The 330lb weight capacity means the rig has enough strength to support swings for the majority of people. The sandbags provide extra stability if you need it. The telescopic legs allow you to adjust the rig between 8ft and 11.42ft.
- Adjustable height with telescopic legs – 8ft to 11.42ft
- Weight capacity – 150kg/330 lbs
- Sandbags for extra stability (sand not included)
- Stored in multiple storage bags for portability
- Quick and easy to set-up
- Comes with multi-storage bags
- Can be used for static trapeze, silks, and Lyra Hoop
What we like
- The outdoor aerial rig is well-built and is strong enough to withstand vigorous aerial activity. This sturdy build creates one of the safest freestanding rigs for yoga
- It’s easy to set-up the aerial dance outside rig. Just follow the instructions or the video guide. You may need some help, but it’ll only take 10 minutes to get it set-up
- The portable aerial rig comes with multiple storage bags for superior portability and compactness
- Can be used with a range of other aerial accessories
- The height can be adjusted to suit your exact preference
What we don't like
- You may need some time to get experienced with the new piece of equipment. It isn’t the same as using a studio rig
- You may need extra help to erect the rig. This isn’t such a big deal, but it can be a pain for those that live alone. With that said, it is possible for one person to set it up, it will just take longer and a bit more planning
How to Set-Up
Before we get to the details, it’s important to first plan where you will place the aerial silks rig. You don’t want to get the frame set-up, only to discover that you don’t have enough space to perform properly. You need enough floor space AND enough ceiling space (if using indoors).
Fortunately, the frame is easy to put together, although you may need someone to help you. It’s simply a case of attaching the poles and screwing into place. You can then fill-up the sandbags and place over the feet of the rig. For extra guidance, please see the below video from X-Pole:
So, that’s our review of the best free standing aerial rig for sale. This piece of equipment will allow you to perform aerial yoga indoors or outdoors. In fact, you can leave the equipment set-up and practise your yoga on a daily basis.
By investing in an A-Frame, you aren’t being held back by low quality equipment. You’ll be able to practise your love of aerial yoga where you want – even by the sea! Another aerial yoga rig worth mentioning is the Omni Stand, which has a built-in swivel.